the value of a 1975 corvette stingray ???

80

Asked by May 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I just got this 1975 corvette in my divorce.  I need to sale it but don't know the value.  4 spped 350 small block.  good runner and looker. interiot a little rough.  can anyone help???

1,865

Hard to say without looking at it but the price range of those can vary from 4000$ to 14000$ and sometimes more. Being a manual should bring a little more money but with the interior being in bad shape its going to hurt it a fair amount. If its a numbers matching car Id say you would be lucky to get 8000$ depending on what kind of shape the paint is in, how it shifts and runs. If the paint is in good shape and it runs and shifts smooth with the only negative being interior you could probably get 7000$ out of it maybe more depending on how good/bad the interior is.

Best Answer
80

Thanks Matt. The transmission was rebuilt recently, it's the factory borg warner. Shifts smoothly. On a scale of one to ten the interior would be a four and the paint a seven. I just found out that my ex paid eleven thousand for this corvette !! I have it for sale at a friends car lot and he tells me he has only had offers of five on it. I'm thinking of bringing it home and learning to drive a maual so I can drive it myself. I would rather keep it than to take such a big loss. What do you think ??

1,865

From what it sounds Its worth a solid 7 or 8 thousand to the right person. I have a 75 and the interior is an 8-9 out of ten and the paint is an 8. Its an auto and numbers matching with less than 50,000 miles on it and I only paid 8 for it. It takes a lot for an older corvette to like that to be worth less than 6 or 7 but they arent worth a fortune either. I do think you would enjoy keeping it as they are a lot of fun to drive.

80

Thanks so much Matt. I have placed it on craigs list for ten thousand, I know I probably won't get that so in the interim I am taking lessons on how to drive a stick. So when it doesn't sell I will be ready to have some fun !! Thanks again, Linda

1,865

Good luck driving stick, I think its a lot more fun to drive a car that is stick than an auto. Heck thats probably part of the reason I dont drive mine more often because its not manual.

80

Thanks I need the luck ! You wanna trade ha,ha. Did I tell you it has 300hp?

155

The 75 model Corvette aren't appreciating in value as fast as many may have expected. There were a lot of them built and there are a lot of them out there still. An ugly 76' (Brown paint/Red interrior) sold on E-bay for 20k only because it had 300 miles on it and had been mothballed for its entire life. Probably because it was too ugly to be seen in. I would put your car at 5k to 7k. Linda, its all about intrinsic value. What ever anyone is willing to give you for it. Right now, times are tough and everyone is selling because they need money. This year I bought a Corvette and a Porsche for 6k, for both! This all figures into the equasion. Good luck!

10

Its all what ppl are willing to pay for an old vette

10

4 speeds are more fun too

14,645

Remember right now there is a flood of used Corvettes out there. Most are ones that have been driven, cared for and look nearly new. They are being sold because there is an exciting new Corvette out there that has everyone wanting it. Your year quite honestly was a smoged generation Corvette, very low horse power, lousy mileage, and not the best looking Corvette made. What your saying people are willing to pay for it may be the best offer. If you paint it, fix the interior, get it running correctly, you will realize only 40% of the money you out into it. Sounds like you got rid of one loser at a loss, this will be the other one. To keep it will keep reminding you of him. Take the money and run girl.

I just got a 75 coupe, every option, including very rare ZO7 brake and suspension package, only 144 cars came with it. I paid $10,500, car is near perfect, L82, 4 sp, a/c, pw, pb, ps, map light, AM/FM stereo. rear defrost, totally stock, all smog, 58,000 miles.

55

Of the 38,465 1975 Corvettes made, only 4,629 convertibles. If they matching numbers, with the Auxiliary Removable Top (only 2,407 made) will be significantly more valuable. If it's a 8-10 condition then the number will double to the right buyer. One more comment, if it is the 27L paint coded Steel Blue of which there was only 1,268 out of the 38,465 now were talking real money.

10

"Of the 38,465 1975 Corvettes made, only 4,629 convertibles. If they matching numbers, with the Auxiliary Removable Top (only 2,407 made) will be significantly more valuable. If it's a 8-10 condition then the number will double to the right buyer. One more comment, if it is the 27L paint coded Steel Blue of which there was only 1,268 out of the 38,465 now were talking real money." Only to people who equate rarity with desirability. Believe it or not there are very rare things that just are not worth having. 205 HP max and that ugly abortion of a C3 body? Edmunds rates it as the #1 worst Corvette of all time http://www.edmunds.com/car- reviews/features/top-10-worst-corvettes-of-all-time.html

55

You're right Mark it's all in the eye of the beholder. I just go down the highway at 80 mph just as fast as anyone else. I've had 15 corvettes over the last 45 yrs C3, C4 ZR-1, C5, and C6. I love them all for what they were for their time. The C1s and C2s weren't the best for long rides by if I could afford one I would have had on just for it classic and part in corvette history. BTW - I had previously read that edmunds report, I checked Hagerty Valuation this morning and the Average price for the '75 Convertible .is $18,800 average. I certainly wouldn't let numbers matching 70,050 original miles go for that, but again I agree with you, it would take that right buyer looking for just the right classic 27L Steel Blue 40 yr old convertible. God Bless rick

65

You WILL lose money on it, You WONT regret keeping it & driving it & it WILL eventually go up in value the longer you keep it, the only downside being it is not cheap to run but parts are plentiful. Learn to drive a stick ( not really difficult) & waaaaay more fun than an auto. 100% KEEP IT.

10

I have a 1975 corvette stingray covertable with hard paint is a 10 out of 10 and interior is a 9out of 10 and only paid $1000 dollars for it from a drunk so did I come out good or not

10

Hard top

14,645

If that is the price you paid for it, it is a great purchase, if you can get it registered in you name. Was the seller's name on the title? If so, good buy. Can you post some pictures? In the mean time, enjoy the ride.