Have a prob. finding 2nd flasher for turn signals 1st is on fuse block but only flashes hazard's turn signals stay fixed,won't flash. was told it had a second flasher,but can't find it? Please help!

45

Asked by Jan 06, 2007 at 03:16 AM about the 1968 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

I think it may only have one flasher ,And the Irouble is in the indicator on the collom,Because the rag joint was changed a few days ago and in the process the Shaft pushed out past the indicator switch lucky the Wife was able to hold it in place for me while i finished the rag joint install. so if i have a second flasher i sure can't find it! PS. I need to pick up a Haynes or Chilton for this model. Thanks

21,240

Hey Dave ... I didn't find much help on the net for your beauty's "second flasher" problem, but I did find a site that offered separate flashers for your 1968, one is for the turn signals and the other is for your alarm and horn. It doesn't tell us where to find them on the car but here's the link ... http://www.corvetteparts.com/catalog/1.htm?q=flashers ... These guys are in Florida and have a toll free number (800)236-2383. I think that would be a worthwhile call! I did find you your Chilton's Manual which should help you. Here it is on Amazon.com ... http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-1963-82-Chiltons-Manuals/dp/0801990718 ... And here's an e-bay search which showed some for sale there too! http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=Chiltons+Corvette&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1 Good luck!

I found it , The turn flasher is located under the shift consol, under the radio , stuck in its own little brackett. Thanks But I'm an old school Mechanic and I found it my self !

it is on passinger side underdash