My 1991 Honda CRX has been having a few problems as of late. Losing Power while driving

Asked by Dec 12, 2013 at 08:55 AM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX CRX Si

While I am driving I will lose all power and the car will turn off. IT is a very slow process and usually takes about 20 minutes to happen. My lights start to Dim my Defroster slows down my clock in the car completely dims were I can no longer see it. If I don't turn the defroster off or my head lights off the car turns off while running.... even after I turn off the lights and the defroster my car will eventually shut off. I must wait then about 10-15 min for my new battery I just purchased last month to get its surface charge back so I can start my car and get to my destination. I did have the alternator replaced back in august and last night I had my alternator checked and they informed me that it is working great....

What would cause the car to lose power & turn off while driving??? Any help would be beneficial.

is a battery light on? sounds like your alternator is not charging the battery. i would have your alternator tested.

The battery light comes in every now and then, usually right before my car turns off. I replaced the alternator back in august and i have had it tested in the car and out of the car both times they say the alternator is good. I also had the battery tested and it is good as well. I am leaning towards the ICM acting up. Any thoughts?

im not sure if this car has it, but if you can, check the power wire coming from the alternator and follow it. there may be a blown fuse in line (maxi fuse) usually 100amps or more. also make sure your battery connections are tight and clean.