i have a freightliner fl70 cummins engine and my engine and oil light comes on when going up a hill.

10

Asked by Jul 20, 2014 at 06:00 PM

I had a mechanic look at it and he noticed the oil was 2 gallons over filled and drained it to correct level.the lights still come on and I am worried I might hurt motor if I continue to drive it.The power is fine but the lights still come on.
Anyone have any ideas.The oil was changed 3 weeks prior to this problem by my ex employer.i have never had this problem before and havnt had a mechanic put it on a diagnostic test.
please advise.

109,925

Was it just overfilled or are you low on coolant too? Also did it have a smell of fuel?

10

just over filled. no fuel smell and temperature is fine

10

the oil pressure indicator goes as low as 25 psi in 5th gear going up hill. not that I have noticed a change in power.

109,925

Oh ok. I would advise to have it professionally checked out. You have a lot of money under that hood and it's your way of living. Hopefully just a faulty sensor but to me it's not worth taking the risk in your case.