fiat 128 sport , seen better days

Phil Hankinson

Asked by Aug 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM

in the garage of a family home. Its been stationery since 1988 and looks rusted. I know nothing about engines but left side door is coming off hinges. Mouse nibbled cloth seats, 66,000 miles on the clock. want to sell it or someone to take it away but have no clue what its worth. Can anyone help?

Phil Hankinson

This is how it once looked...

check a Fiat owners club, maybe good for spare parts, and may be worth a lot in current condition as I have never seen one in the UK, engine should be relatively simple to get running again, the bodywork I cant advise you without seeing it, repair panels may be easily sourced through owners clubs or ebay etc.

If you have no interest in fixing it I'd do like gearheadRINO said. Check out some Fiat clubs and Fiat websites and get a feel for the value of the car in restorable condition. It looks complete, at least from the photo, and the fact that it was stored indoors is definitely a plus! Do you know if it was prepped for long term "dead" storage when it was parked? If so, another plus! I'm sure someone would be interested in it. HTH. -Jim

I don't know what it's worth but I would like to ask where is it located? Maybe if it wasn't too far away I could get a look at it and decide if it might be something I would like to invest in as a project.