Issue starting - Fiat Bravo 97 - New driver - HELP

Asked by May 06, 2016 at 03:12 AM

Hi, I'm not sure why but my car has trouble starting. I can turn it on and the
lights do turn on (so probably not a problem of battery ?) however the
motor doesn't want to start. It does make some noise but just doesn't want
to start. Also, I have changer batteries to see if it was maybe mine. So
would it be an issue with the battery, the alternator or maybe something
else ? Thank you for you help !

11,540

yes, it can be a problem with your battery. even if the accessories work, there might not be enough juice to activate the starter. charge it up or get a jump start and see what happens. If you get it started, you can test your alternator by hooking a multimeter to it while the engine is running, you should have from 13.7-14.5 volts.

22,725

"It does make some noise" ? there is not enough info here-