1999 Infinity i30t

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM

I recently bought my grandson a
1999 Infiniti i30T. As he was driving
home from work last night, the check
engine light came on and then all the
gauges went dark. The only thing that
was not working on the car, the clock,
came back on. All the fluids were
checked no problem there, neither of
us have much money, as I just bought
him the car and he is starting out in
his work career. I'm wondering what
the problem might be and hoping it is
an easy fix. Any insight would be
greatly appreciated!

241,205

Since the CEL is on he can take it to a local auto part store where they can scan the car for free to read the codes. You can post the 4 digit codes back here for more help.

94,755

Start by cleaning the battery cables and posts, make sure there is none of that black corrosion on either connection, then check the other connection areas, make sure they are clean and tight, next check for blown main fuses, they are located in the power distribution box under the hood. If the problem hasn't been located by now then you will need a wiring diagram and start tracing power and ground pathways. HTH