financing

Asked by Jun 03, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I was told recently that because I have been married for over 17 years that even though I am currently
unemployed that they can ...based on our joint income tax filing, based on my husbands income and
our credit, make me a loan, since I am a {homemaker}, without my husbands signature or permission.
True or false?

237,745

True, and the lender will usually ask for more money down and or a higher interest rate. So read the fine print and get other loan approvals.

1,975

I would hope you include your husbands' input , with your search for a car loan. It makes for a more trusting relationship.