I have a Toyota Highlander 2007 - 58,000 Miles - when does the timing belt need to be replaced. Also, how often does the transmission need to be flushed? Last time I did it was at 39,000 Miles

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 03:54 PM

I have 2007 Highlander - I had my transmission flushed at 38,472 Miles.  I have just
reached 55,361 and they are telling me I need to have it flushed again.  ??????
Also, they want to change my timing belt and tell me that I may need a new water
plump?????  Any thoughts on this.....

Changing the trans fluid every 30K is a good thing, most people don't do this. Your transmission might last longer if you do. As far as the timing belt, closer to 90k would be better, and yes, you normally change the water pump at the same time since it's in the same area and you can save on labor.