Coolant Decreasing even after Head Gasket and Radiator Change.

10

Asked by Feb 14, 2017 at 12:48 AM

I recently had a problem of coolant decreasing. I
changed the head gasket and checked all leaks.
Everything was fine.  Than i was having blue smoke
so went ahead and changed the piston rings and
AGAIN CHANGED THE HEAD GASKET. This time I
also put in a new Radiator. Started the car and
stood under it for like 30 minutes with a flash light.
No leaks.

Although on driving the car for 30-40km. Coolant
level decreasing significantly.

What could be wrong?

Car is Daewoo Tico with 0.8L Carb Engine.

10

Note that the smoke is gone. No smoke at all of any kind now.

7,675

Refill and monitor. The first time u put coolant in it, the thermostat had not opened yet

104,255

Did you have the cylinder head checked pressure checked and shaved? If not that is most likely your problem. You could run a block check test too see if combustion gasses are getting into the cooling system, that would confirm the problem.

10

Combustion head was checked and shaved. All tests coming put fine. Could there still be a leak. Minor leak in a pipe somewhere. Pipes are are old. They are not new.

104,255

Possibly, but it will be a pressure leak, have you checked the heater core? Is the engine oil milky color?

10

Heater pipes are not attached. So no issue there. Engine oil is not milky. Its fine. Coolant isn't mixing with the oil. I was having this trouble before and now the engine has been rebuilt mostly. Complete head work done. Issue still there. So I'm thinking of changing all pipes inside the car.

7,675

If it was an external leak, u would be able to see the puddle. Sounds like a crack or leak on the intake manifold, If you already checked head and block

104,255

Ok, does the engine miss even slightly when initially started?