I do have a 2002; 130i gle corolla When I drive it for 50km or more and I let it idle it has n black smoke and the water light flikker inside. It start also take a while to start

Asked by Nov 02, 2015 at 02:15 PM

It seems that the cuborator receive too much fuel. The runs perfectly
but this is the only prob. Your response will be appreciated

34,545

Your car has fuel injection by the way. You may have a bad fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator.

143,075

Agreed. Again, FoR is spot on The last Corolla with a carburetor was 1986, the same year as last rear wheel drive Corolla. Black smoke is unburnt fuel, running very rich. It could be an injector stuck open, especially if it is the 1.6 4A FE . But it sounds like you are not in North America, correct?

143,075

Do not press gas pedal when starting. The ECU is smarter than we are, and 'knows' what to do. If you pump or even press pedal it throws everything off. As for 'water light' I don't know what you mean

34,545

FordNut - I have more Fords than anything else. I wonder if third world Toyota's might have carberators?

143,075

They very probably do, to cut expense.... eliminates ECU and lots more They are now being built in South Africa Santa Rosa, Philippines Jakarta, Indonesia Adapazari, Turkey Altona, Australia Thames, New Zealand Chachoengsao, Thailand Karachi, Pakistan

34,545

If it has a carburetor then the float could have a hole and have gas in it causing it to run rich or the needle could get stuck open and again cause it to run rich. A carburetor rebuild might be the solution if there is a carburetor to rebuild!

143,075

DWBocj any feedback for us?