toyota

Asked by Jan 14, 2009 at 09:30 AM

why is toyota's cars realy boring as oposed to wat they used to be like (supra,mr2,ect)

2,180

That's your opinion.

3,145

you have to admit the Japanese cars now a days are pretty boring and bulky compared to their prime years in the 90s. Ive given up on acura after they got rid of the rsx that was the dumbest move on there part. and the new ones are hideous. Toyota is also leaning towards the older audience entirely as well. and i just heard honda is getting rid of the s2000 whats up with that? even the new Mitsubishi lancer evolution is a little tamed down for my taste i mean come on really paddle shift ? that would get boring after the first 10 miles. plus all the new vehicles are way to bulky and heavy looking its like they are talking design ques from the American companies.

35

Toyota back in the mid 90's decided thay wanted to sell to a different market so they stoped making performance cars they are probley trying to attact the baby boomers but when they pass i think toyota and many other automotive manufacturers will be redirecting there sales to sell to a young market mabey they will bring back the supra my fingers a re crossed Joshua this is my 1986 toyota Cressida 2.8L stright six Rear wheel drive i wish toyota still made this car but Lexus makes the new version it's the IS

3,145

i love the is300 i wanted one for the longest time but they all were either modified and really ugly and beat up or they were automatics lol i hate that they got rid of the is300.

35

The IS250 comes with a manele transmission and toyota povides a supercharge upgrade and if you let them install it. it dose not void the warranty.

2,180

Hmmmmmm?.....Maybe I'm wrong about this; BUT, I thought the Toyota Avalon replaced the Cressida in 1987 or 1988? Then in the early ninetys, Toyota engineering department purchased the best BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar automobiles available at the time. They completely disassmbled each model, analyzed every componet and improved all that needed to be improved. Then, Lexus was created. There were numerous articles written about that monumental undertaking. Like I said, I could be wrong but I remember reading about this on more than one occasion as it developed.