turbo

Asked by Dec 10, 2008 at 02:21 PM

What is the max boost a stock honda b-16 block can withstand?

7,555

Check the recent topic 'Turbos'... http://apps.facebook.com/cgchallenge/questions/viewQuestion.action?discussion=ds443147 There's decent information on turbos in general there and will get you started...

60

depending on ur trim tubro. but i think 10 to 12 for a weekend ride. 5 1/2 ti 7 1/2 for a daily

2,050

Michelle, read the thread titled "TURBOS" listed on here. There's about 58 postings listed. A lot of good information and some that isn't too good. Many of your concerns and questions will be answered there.

135

lol it all depends on the turbo. but depending on the health of that motor it could probably handle 250whp. read the other turbo question for a lil more depth. picture whoring time!

135

had something to say to me ricky? was it hate words? >=I grrrr lol haha jk. if there is anything you want to discuss, feel free to do so. I will try my best to provide info that concluded my answers.

985

the block can probabally take as much as you want ... the internals of the block and the valvetrain probabally not so much...

2,050

That was specific?...Alex, you don't know very much about Hondas, Acuras, NOS or Turbos. You really need to go back to the Mustang Forum before some ones makes the mistake of heeding your bad advise.

2,050

Michelle..I am not a big Turbo guy eventhough they are bad assed. For ME, I'd go with a supercharger for daily street use. I will say this with confidence. Were I to Turbo my Honda and needed technical guidance or questions answered, I'd start on this forum with David Tang. His answers to every turbo question is well thought out and based upon experience as well as knowledge. He is VERY CREDIBLE regarding Hondas and Turbos. I completely trust his wisdom...and I an VERY critical of information that's passed. It's no secret that I have no problem telling a "Dumbass" he is talking out of his ass! That certainly isn't the case with David.

60

naa dude i was actually gonna say ur not the only one on here wit a old skool honda, but my oics didnt load but ill try this time. no negativey out of this kid. the love of my life

135

i know ricky. i was just messing with yah. hope you had a good holiday and wish you a happy new years! stay safe. p.s. i love four doors when styled correctly.

135

Why thank you for the kind words Logan! Logan certainly does not have a problem telling a "dumbass" off. I'm glad he is doing the dirty work cause i rather just pass correct information through tons of research, experience, and ACTUAL certified training through an Automotive Tech school. Hope you had a good Xmas and wish you a very happy New Years!

2,050

Same to you David...MUCH RESPECT to you from Florida.

60

thanx man same to u to. yea ive seen a few that looked pretty sweet. my four door is still a work in process as far as the exterior goes.