Thinking about a Volvo.

30

Asked by Sep 14, 2015 at 04:38 AM

I wanted to get some advice.
I am thinking of purchasing a 2001
Wagon style, my question is , do
they break down a lot, and are the
parts very exspensive?

Thanks a lot.

94,705

You didn't say how many miles on the car, but in general most mordern cars will start having breakdowns and issues around 125,000. Unless you have good documentation from the previous owner of the repairs that have been done over the years. Volvo parts tend to be a little bit more than parts for domestic cars as well as labor. If it were me I would save my pennies and buy a newer car with the least amount of mileage on it....Good Luck

94,705

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Volvo/S60/2001/

20,965

The 240 was a great car- very reliable- the others- not so much

223,225

2001 model year, transmissions were known to fail early, electronic throttle body issues and ABS modules.

1,245

No miles or model, but I assume you are referring to the V70. They are good cars, and they last a long time. Not as long as 2000 and older Volvos, but they do last. Not bad on maintenance, and parts don't cost anymore than any other make. People tend to think European car parts are more expensive, but they are not.