volvo 244 1981 GLE 3 speed auto problem

Asked by Apr 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hello,
I just need an answer on a mechanical issue I have with my 244GLE,the car less than average KM and  is in very good condition the car has been sitting up even thought it has rego for 12 mths

At this stage the auto in the morning do's not change to 2nd or 3rd,but if the car run"s to 30KM
and stopped it later changes throught the gears the auto lubricant is OK
Is this problem due to the kick back cable or a new gearbox also with third gear it changes late and if you take your foot off the accerator and on again it changes e-mail r98rr@hotmail.com

355

THE TRANS KICK DOWN CABLE IS PROBABLY RUSTED,THIS WOULD APPLY TO AISIN WARNER/IF ITS A BW 3 SPEED,CHECK THIS ALSO,DONT THINK IT IS MECHANICAL LINKAGE? MOST NON OR DELAYED SHIFTS ON THESE CARS ARE ONLY THE THROTTLE PRESSURE CABLE/KICK DOWN,ITS ATTACHED TO THROTTLE BODY,LUBE IT/REPLACE IS SOMETIMES NEEDED.