Why won't Volkswagen fix ignition problems?

Asked by Oct 18, 2016 at 08:12 PM

I own a 2008 Volkswagen Beetle, and although I'm in love with my little car, I've been having difficulties with turning it on. In any serious scenario, I would probably die in my car trying to turn on the ignition in 100 degree weather. I have to plan ahead events because it takes about 10 to 30 minutes trying to turn on my car. God forbid I have an emergency.

64,935

What is the problem exactly? Bad ignition switch or is it an engine problem?

110

They're too busy faking their diesel emissions test results...

9,555

like most big companys why fix something when you can charge money to repair it.. The answer is key slot. There is roughly 4 parts to these igniton switchs. The lock section which is your likely trouble spot, the switch located ad the rear of the igniton the housing and i think one more inner part.