I have a 1998 cw cabriolet Conv. This morning I started the car and let it warm up. A bit and drove away, put gas in n went to giant foodstores. A total of 3-4 miles. Halfway, the oil light came on and I found out at store that oil was severely leaking from beneath, I put a quart in and it got me back to gas station. I checked under hood n found oil seemed to b spraying left side -facing engine all over and beneath oil pan was drenched n dripping with oil?! I have 2 put a quart in just to get a mile or 2? It only started when I was warming up car this morning. The heat hauteur is fine n when I put oil in it runs good until light comes on?? Help

Asked by Nov 24, 2013 at 06:40 AM

Oil in, oil out. Please read above. Any help is greatly appreciated.

101,605

You will have to locate exactly where the oil is coming from in order to fix the leak. Sometimes a small inspection mirror helps to look in all the small places. Use caution if you continue to drive it this way. If it runs too low on oil you will have bigger problems than just an oil leak.

4,395

In cold weather, aging rubber products are prone to show their age. The seal around the oil filter or the oil cooler might be the culprit. EXTREME CAUTION as stated above...this is not a safe car to drive.