What model does VW have as a roadster coupe or convertible in late models

Asked by Jul 06, 2013 at 07:16 PM

I have seen and am interested in the sport car model roadster or coupe that VW has manufactured since 2009. I don't know what it is called.

233,365

In the US, it called the EOS

25,415

I think you may be talking about the 3rd generation VW Scirocco....3rd gen. came out in 2009. It's only available as a 3 door hatchback and is not sold in the USA (I was hoping it would be). I wouldn't exactly call it a "sports car" though...very sporty and slick looking though.

25,415

I thought he meant the VW EOS also at first (maybe he does, since he mentioned roadster). The Eos is a Power Retracting Hardtop Roadster...is that what you're looking for?? See pic below:

25,415

Bonray...Does this information help you at all?? I ruled out the VW Beetle coupe/convertible or Cabrio, as neither one are even close to being sportscars. Unless I'm mistaken, the only VW's that COULD be classified as sportscars are really the old school Karmann Ghia or the Corrado. My definition of a sportscar is much more exacting though: 2 seater, RWD, and front, rear, or mid-engined.

4,565

In non-US markets, there is a Cabriolet GTI, I think...

4,565

And a concept roadster may be in the works as well:

25,415

Either one of these are MUCH nicer than the VW Beetle (which just needs to go away, IMO) or VW Cabrio ..especially that concept roadster @ Scott.

4,565

I actually like my 2012 Beetle Fender Edition...comfortable, capable, and safe...I agree, the Bluesport would be a worthy addition to the VW family...or it may show as a new entry-level Porsche...who knows...there's a lot on the horizon...I'm hopeful.

As it looks the bluesport roadster is dead thanks to DUMBASS NEUSSER!

4,565

Feck!