what needs doing to make a Japanese car compliant with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards

Asked by Apr 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM

1994-1998 Subaru sambar truck

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/ Must meet all those standards and I tried to get the same list for Japanese laws, to compare but it's in Japanese. Even if it was in English it must be gone through point-by-point. And it's a big document. 2,046 pages I think the biggest problems is the NHTSA and/or DOT have not done crash tests on that car if it is not normally sold in the US. Also the JOBD, the Japanese version of OBDII can not be read by scanners for Cars manufactured for export