are subarus actually good reliabl cars?

2,165

Asked by Apr 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM

such as the impreza and the impreza wrx sti

985

I'd say extremely, but like most cars they take only as much abuse as the drivers / owners give them. Proper maintenance and knowledge of the mechanics of your car are important. Operating it in a logical fashion will always give you reliability. When you neglect problems, or the possibility for problems to arise, is when they become unreliable and problematic. But this isn't to say that crap doesn't happen. No technology that I've seen is fool proof. The vertically opposed boxer engines are prone to head gasket leaks and can have seal issues if not properly maintained. I'd say that's a minor clause in what you're getting for the AWD. I'm not big on their newer models though.

155

it depends on the model the better looking ones in my opinion around the 2000 year but have weak gear boxes and strip the cogs if driven rapidly as my workmate found out to his cost fixed it then sold it on. like any motor always some thing that can let them down best to do loads of swatting up on google