whenis the best time to change the timming belt in subaru

5

Asked by Sep 21, 2009 at 09:21 AM

35

subaru recommends that the timing belt should be changed at 105,000 miles. although you may have more or less damage depending on where you live. changing it a little early never hurts :)

175

I would get it probably at 85k, just to be safe, but it all depends on conditions. If your car is over 60k, I would get it checked by the dealer or a good mechanic. Remember, it that belt breaks, that car is done.

35

my 2.0 litre petrol impreza is done every 45,000 miles which is the recommended mileage according to my subaru service manual where the last person got 105,000 miles god knows there can't be a vehicle on the road that is done at that sort of mileage stuart.

165

Depending on year 90-99 Subarus the belt should be inspected at 30k and replaced at 60k intervals, 2000 and newer inspect at 30k, 60k, 90k and replace at 105k.

75

depends on the mileage. if ur mileage isnt so high, u can stick to the same timing chain, but changing it anytime also wudnt be bad.

33,995

Be sure and replace the water pump and idler wheels while you are at it. My mechanic skipped that part and I had a idler wheel fail before the belt was due for change again. If you have a double overhead cam engine be sure and replace your belt on or before schedule as the valves will contact the pistons if the belt breaks or skips a few teeth leaving you will a major repair bill.