My Saturn Vue will not start

120

Asked by Oct 25, 2013 at 02:39 PM

I have a 2002 6 cyl awd vue that will not start. No obdi codes showing, no check engine light. Starter turns, all lights radio etc functioning, fuel pump comes on for a couple of seconds, dash lights and indicators radio etc. all work still will not start. Hooked up reader says no codes,  and had no check engine light either. No previous issues no warning signs. Pulled in the garage as normal shut off came out next day, will not start, just keeps turning over, no fire !

check for power to the coil(s) before you blame the coils...may well be a bad ignition switch~....achem there is an ignition relay...they are cheap~ https://www.google.com/#q=My+Saturn+Vue+ignition+relay&tbm=shop

120

Ignition switch eh, I'll find it and replace it, see what happens, thanks.

120

Done, checked all fuses, replaced relay, still not starting.

120

Have an idea, bad crankshaft position sensor ? But shouldn't a bad sensor showed up on reader ?

40

What did you find was the answer to your problem? We are having a similar issue now.

I don't have a answer but I'm having the same issue

120

Old post, I finally figured it out myself. It was the crank position sensor, easy fix. Couple of bolts and a new sensor, 20 minute fix. Think the sensor cost something $40-$50.

2008 Saturn vue won't start

I know it is old post but I want to answer one of the questions. CPS or Crankshaft Position Sensor will not allow the car to start because it doesnt know where the crankshaft is -- in other words, what cylinder to fire. It wont throw a code because in order to throw a code the car must be running and if it CANT START, no code. When teh car does start it doesnt see a fault --- Thank GM for that. Saabs do it all the time.