idling

25

Asked by May 07, 2008 at 11:11 PM

my car cuts off sometimes when I come to a stop.It feels like the gas is surging, back and forth. I have changed spark plugs , and gas filter.  I am suspect about the fuel pump  The previous owners believes that a sensor for idling is the cause. The car had not been driven in about 6 months prior to now.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  How much would this sensor cost if this is the problem?

8,285

Not knowing you year or car doesn't help, but I would be take it to a good mechanic. You could have a half-dozen causes for something like that. A sensor, vacuum leak, bad ECU, Cracked coil pack, Fuel supply issues, Ignition issues, timing issues... You get the picture. Now not all of these may apply to your car but the fact stands that this is a problem that needs proper diagnosis that you're likely not to get from a facebook forum.