I have a 1990 firebird/ trans am and I need a battery tray. All the ones I've seen say for the right side but my battery is on the drivers side. Does it matter? Its my first project. Still learning!

40

Asked by May 31, 2015 at 09:09 PM

525

Is the vehicle stock or has the battery been moved?

40

As far as I know its stock. The body itself hasn't been changed but the previous owner converted the tpi motor to carburetor.

40

Also the coolant overflow tank is on the passenger side so there's no place for the battery. Its right behind the drivers headlight.

40

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Is there an insert that goes under the battery? Because I'm sure its where its supposed to be its just sitting on the actual body metal.

71,675

Some people don't know their right from their left when talking about cars. Obviously YOU do. Perhaps the dopes writing the product description are wrong? You are correct. The battery tray goes on the left (driver's side). But standing in front of the car it would be on the right (still driver's side). Check out the Pontiac-Oakland Club International's website. They have a classified ad section. There's companies that advertise reproduction and new old stock (NOS) parts for vintage Pontiacs. HTH. -Jim

525

G M restoration will have those

40

Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated!!!

71,675

You're welcome. Glad to help. Good luck with your project. It looks like a nice car! -Jim

525

Hey Jim I hope your Dreamcar goes as planned, may God bless your restoration projects