how should the door skirting be reattached to the door it is partially off

Asked by Mar 13, 2015 at 11:17 AM

90,775

The best thing to do is to heat it up and finish the job of removing it, then get as much of the bonding tape and residue off, I use goo gone, make sure both mating surfaces are clean, apply new 3M bonding tape to the plastic panel first and leave it indoors above 65 degrees overnight, this will allow the bond to the plastic set up, then heat up the door skin with a heat gun, be careful not too hot, just warn too the touch will do it, and quickly apply the plastic panel, and allow too cool before driving. I have done this procedure countless times and so far all of the panels have stayed put.