what a bad alternator make your fuel pump lose pressure and backfire

Asked by Feb 04, 2015 at 09:54 PM

Yes and no, if you lost fuel pressure there would not be anything there to cause a backfire, it sounds more like the ignition voltage got too low to maintain spark, cut out then cut back in momentarily causing the backfire, then after that the engines usually die due to low voltage. Recharge the battery, have it tested for load, if you know your alt is bad replace it, low voltage is just as bad as high voltage for burning out electronic systems. HTH