Asked by Dec 29, 2014 at 01:04 PM

I purchased a70' TA  this is original all the way.  The car had front end damage to the
front  endure nose over the grill door opening.  I'm was thinking of replacing it with a used
piece,, here's the kicker. Mine has a large heavy "D" bracket on the inside center facing
the  radiator that has attachment. Hole to what I guess should be a bracket of some kind
on the radiator support. But there's nothing there to attach to. I'm thinking some one
replaced or took out the bracket when the repair to the car was done. "Quit poorly I may
add"  while looking for a used one I've asked if the unit has this bracket and the response
is they never made one like that !   Also vied looked at radiator support replacements and
haven't seen anything that would have a bracket that would attach to this "D" piece.
     So is this an early prototype that was discontinued early in manufacturing ?  I can
send a photo if needed to show I'm not crazy!! Any help would sure clear up some
questions . Thanks for your time

See if you can find a factory shop manual and a factory body manual. Both will show detailed illustrations. Faxon Auto Literature in Riverside, California is a good source for reprints of these manuals at reasonable prices. In the mean time contact The Pontiac-Oakland Club. They may be able to shed some light on this as well. You can also order a copy of your car's original factory to dealer invoice from Allied Vaughn. The cost for this is $50.00. HTH. -Jim