I have a 71 transam 455 I did not think about the air breather and shaker when I put a demon carb on it . it has a edlebrok intake and the breather does not fit over carb all new to me has anyone run

Asked by Dec 01, 2014 at 05:00 PM

When I bouhgt it to restore it had a edlebrock intake , a holley 4 barrel, I put a demon
street king and later bought breather assembly not realizing the breather does not fit over
carb, and if intake and carb willset too high for shaker hood

11,955

Unfortunately, when trying to build custom, these issues come up more than you would like. The fit you are looking for will be a trial and error type process. On rebuilds that I have done, I can say more than 2 air cleaners were purchased with different offests, some cutting, brackets, and mixing parts before it all worked together and I could close the hood :)

Best Answer Mark helpful

Any idea what you tried, mybuddy was thinking of trying fitting bottom of breather from quadrajet and cutting mine to fit over bottom, but I paid 300 for it , not sure I want to risk it. Do you know if edlebrok top base is same as quad?