2004 pontiac grand prix not starting in the cold

Asked by Nov 18, 2014 at 06:13 PM

My 2004 pontiac grand prix isn't starting. i think it might be a temperature issue because as soon as it got cold outside I started noticing it. Now it won't turn over at all. When I try to start it, sometimes the engine starts turn over then it dies and I hear clicking sound that sounds like it's coming from my driver's door panel speaker, that goes on for a second the everything stops. Dash lights and stereo and headlights all turn on.

58,375

Check the battery,and connection,s,,sound,s like the battery may be weak.

9,885

If the battery is near the end of its expected life, the cold will finish it off.

16,600

TST is right on the money. The battery isn't completely dead but it will be soon. It has enough left in it to run some things but not enough to crank the engine. If you can spend a little extra and buy a good battery not a cheap P.O.S. from Autozone or Walmart.