02 GRAND PRIX GT Automatic headlights, blower and information center randomly stop working

Asked by Oct 25, 2014 at 01:07 AM

02 Grand Prix GT.  Driving when i first saw information center dim, normal, dim, normal...
Then black. At that time, blower for heat also stopped (the dash behind temp control
became very warm.)  Later realized the automatic headlights also go out when the other
2 systems fail. Mostly random outages, but keeping the heat switch OFF and headlights
ON manually seems to maintain the driver information system. Have seen this is
common complaint on the internet.  What is the fix, though?

Still need help! I replaced the blower motor and resistor, and all worked great... For only one day, though. Next day, started the car and found the return of no D.I.C. and auto headlights when I turned the heat dial to on.

There is a sensor in the dash that triggers the day time running lights and if you have a dash mat ....it moving will cause the headlights day or night to turn on/off

30

PrixGal did you ever figure out what the problem with your car was? Mine does the same thing except when i turn the fan switch to 5 everything will work properly. Any other speed and the automatic headlights, blower fan, a/c button and rear defroster will not have any power or work. Also rear driver window switch will not work. Everywhere I've searched online seems to say it's the igniton switch itself. At times I'm not able to get the ignition to turn completely off after turning car off. I have to switch it back on, apply brakes, pull out of park and slam it back in park, then maybe, maybe I can turn key all the way off and pull key out. I know my ignition is worn out bc you can take the key out of the ignition going down the road while the car is running. I'm thinking I need a whole new ignition but want to make sure it's going to fix all the problems before I tackle that 1!! LOL! Thanks for your time.