Why won't my 2001 Trans Am not start?

10

Asked by Sep 23, 2014 at 06:30 PM

All the lights come on, but it won't turn over. It is like turning the key with your foot OFF the clutch. No sounds at all. Cleaned battery terminals, and ground wires. I noticed that the radio was actually turning on and off by itself when I was on a bumpy road. Help.

65,735

First thing have battery load tested,second check battery terminal,s and cable,s.

10

Did both, and battery is working properly and the the cables and terminals are working and free of any debris.

65,735

Check the neutral switch,think it is at clucth pedal.

10

I had a mechanic come test the car that wouldn't start and it started.??? I replaced the neutral safety switch, actually behind the clutch pedal itself. I took it apart and it was corroded. The car started right up, but it started up before I replaced it. Back to the drawing board.