I have a 95 trans am and I have changed radiator, water pump, thermostat, and upper hose. It still wants to overheat. Every 2-3 days I have to add water to the radiator. What is causing this?

10

Asked by Sep 12, 2014 at 05:00 PM

Please help.

237,575

Did you bleed the system? Hence remove the air out of the coolant? Are you adding because it is overheating or you have a leak somewhere?

10

When it gets hot and I turn the car off, I raised the hood and coolant is coming out of the reservoir

66,055

If you have high mileage it could be the timing chain. Are you also experiencing late shifting of the transmission and lack of power. If so, could very well be a worn timing chain. HTH. -Jim

10

No loss of power no late shifting.