I have no power to my fuel pump ! Car ran fine jacked it up put new wheels and tires on it ! Let it down off jacks now my fuel pump doesn't work ! Any secrets I should know about ? It's an 87 fiero !

James Allen

Asked by Aug 27, 2014 at 05:02 PM

Check your fuses in the fuse block. But, It is possible that during the jacking process you have knocked off the wiring harness to the fuel pump. If the fuel gauge does not work either, that is probably it. The harness often runs close to and above/ in back of the rear tire.

Also, if the oil sending unit is bad or disconnected it can prevent the fuel pump from getting power. A safety feature in case of a crash stops the fuel pump when oil pressure drops.