2002 Firebird Formula TransAM Water under the Floor Matt

Asked by May 20, 2014 at 01:36 PM

I have a 2002 Firebird Formula Trans AM and there is a consistent wet spot under the drivers side floor mat.  Looks like it maybe only when I drive it.  I put a cover over the T-top on the drivers side.  The back floor matt also had water under it on the drivers side.

Norm Davis

Leaks are notoriously difficult to track down. Make sure it isn't antifreeze. Then check the cowl vent drain, it's possible water is settling in the air box and leaking into the cabin. There is a drain from the air box that can get clogged over time.

Do you have an aftermarket stereo in your car? If so, check and make sure someone didn't drill a hole in the car without a grommet. If not, checking the existing grommet on the right passenger side and make sure it's seated and sealed. Water can easily come in there if there are any problems.