what do you thank about a 305 with a twin turbo

175

Asked by Apr 30, 2014 at 09:19 AM

i was thanking about putting a twin turbo on my 1983 trans-am 305 stock what do you
think

4,305

You can get a 350 crate motor for what it will cost to do the turbo install, and it will make more HP and torque. Worse yet, the 305 has a weak bottom. I wouldn't do it. That said, if you're hell-bent on doing it, you'll need to have the 305 heads worked on to take advantage of the increased flow, or it will be pretty much a wasted effort. The 305 heads are lousy. With port and polish, and twin turbos, you might squeak 275 HP from the thing before burning a hole in the cast pistons. A bone stock 350 makes 290 and will last 100+ years.

3,555

the 305 won't handle the turbos. go with a 350 for a starting point.

Best Answer
175

ok thanks