2000 Trans Am automatic won't start / no instrument lights

Asked by Dec 03, 2013 at 06:00 AM

I started my car as normal, put it in the driveway and turned it off and now it won't start. The clock turns on , but there is nothing when I turn the key. I replaced the battery, the cable connections changed, tried jump starting it, rocked it in gear,  Still nothing. Any ideas of what to do next would be most helpful

James Ramond

more good batteries are traded in for new than any other component. amazing! recharge the dead new battery, look for what's drawing the charge out. something is still drawing current when shutdown, probably those dumb automatic interior light shutdown sensors.

Thank you for your response, unfortunately, when I hook up a charged battery it is the same as when I try to jump it and I get no instrument lights, no response from the key.. just like a dead battery. I also checked all fuses