Where is the MAF sensor located on a 2003 Grand Am SE

Asked by Oct 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I can't find where the Maf sensor is located on my 2003 Grand Am SE, 2.2...does anyone know where it is located?
A mechanic said the MAF sensor needed replacing, I went out and bought one, and can't find it anywhere under the hood.

6 Answers

It's gotta be on the intake flexible pipe to the intake plenum~

1 people found this helpful.

it's probably only held in place by screw clamps and the electrical connector~

1 people found this helpful.

okay...here's a cartoon~

1 people found this helpful.

Thanks anyways judge_roy, but not helpful. As for the cartoon, LOL well let's just say...hmmm. I watched all the youtube videos about changing the MAF, searched all over the web, and can't find anywhere, where it shows diagrams, videos, or illustrations for under the hood of a 2003 Grand Am, where it shows where the MAF is. Thanks anyhow...:)

its on the throat of the intake...jeez, have no idea how I could have made this any more helpful....may not be in exactly the same as the drawing...but you are going to find this on the throat of the intake~

1 people found this helpful.

Well it's not there...I went through every possible avenue to find info and it's now where you think it is. And, if I go online or call a parts store they come up with the huge piece that's not anywhere on the throat of the idle. We took it all apart and what shows up on that part online isn't anywhere to be found.

Your Answer


Looking for a Used Pontiac in your area?

CarGurus has 9,838 nationwide Pontiac listings starting at $699.


Pontiac Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Tom Demyan
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.