What will cause all of your gauges drop to zero while driving.

Asked by Jul 17, 2013 at 08:36 PM

When I am driving my car my service vehicle will come on and all of my gauges will drop to zero,temp.gauge,oil pressure,fuel gauge,battery gauge and RPM gauge sometimes they will stay at zero and sometimes they will copme back up, and may do it several times. When I stop and turn the vehicle off everything will be normal until I drive it for awhile.

insufficient ground of your 1/0 battery cable~

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

i went thru 3 altinators in 30 miles :-( this was done thru a Pontiac dealer at the time. The fix was two fold, went from a 3 wire to one wire and put a heavy duty ground cable on alt. At high revs it sent a pulse thru systema nd all gauges went flat and had to hurry back to garage before batt died. Been fine ever since. LOVE the T/A!!

hooray!~~! ;)