the heater core in my trans am most be stoped up how do i flush it

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 07:12 PM

ummm, it will take a garden hose and a place where ethylene glycol will not pool up for creatures to drink...then die...what you will do is disconnect the hoses leading to the heater core, clamp on the garden hose and if you can capture the other side (like in a five gallon bucket) and blast the hosewater through there (at the shop we had a fitting to put an air blast on that one as well)....then reverse and turn the hosewater on the other side to blast in the reverse direction....sheesh, the block has got to be clobbered up too~ I'd think seriously about sellin' this bad boy~

or try a block flush too, while we're at it~ my sad '73 Toyota Celica made the trip from SF to LA overheatin' to beat the band~ sad, because a prior owner decided to use WATER and the cooling jacket rusted up...not too noticeable for city driving but 45 minutes on I-5 was about all it could take before erupting into a geyser show until it cooled times....not.~

Go GIants!