i have a 1983 trans-am

205

Asked by Mar 04, 2013 at 11:41 AM

it is a hard top ram air hood  and i dont know what kind it is ... is it a fourmila

965

is 83 they didnt have the formula, it didnt come out till 87 for the f-body, and the hood style u have is called Cowl induction....one thing that i noticed is the firebird logos on the side....r they emblems(like badges)? and what color is the interior

205

the interior is gray and the door panels are black and the emblems are not panted and they are not stickers idk if this helps but it has the fire bird emblem on the dash on the pasanger side whair the golve deparment should be the glove deparment is behind the gear shifter

965

hm, well u might have a Recaro edition since u dont have t-tops....do u know the size engine? LG4 305? 2.8 V6?

205

305

965

it looks like u have an S/E, ive been looking at Recaro editions and they have a specific paint job, badges on the door handles, and DID have t-tops....wikipedia steered me wrong haha i was wondering why they wouldnt give it t-tops

205

it was the safer one bc it did not have glass top

75

It's a trans am. I had the identical car brand new back then except mine had the turbine wheels that took the bowling ball hub caps. The cowl induction hood actually was functional back then although it didn't really do much. The 305 was somewhat underpowered for this car back then. 5.0 Mustangs used to leave me standing there.

10

You have a Trans am with cowl induction...I had a blue 1984 TA set up the same way..The best thing to do is pull out the mild 150hp.305 v8 and bolt in a warmed up 300 plus hp. 350,383 or 400 small block chevy.Then have Fun with a great car.!!!!!