Tips on rust removal

Asked by Oct 29, 2012 at 02:30 AM

Trying to get a few spots off rust of my 1988 Trans Am. Before I go to a professional and let them rip me off.
Anybody
got tips? Also any recommended paint / primer combo? Everything else is sound about the car I just tuned it up and
now I have to work on cosmetics.

25

Sand it down apply a rust removing chemical then sand again, Prime Paint Good to GO!

Well that's pretty basic.... Anybody got anything more in depth?

2,695

depends where the rust is, and if its in a structural location, which it may in a unibody.. .basically cut the rust out and weld in new metal then finish grinding and body work, not an easy or cheap thing to do