Gas is leaking out of the air intake on my 1987 pontiac, what do I need to replace?

Asked by Oct 15, 2012 at 06:33 PM

8,935

fuel injected, or carb....stupid question i know, but to be exact.

fuel injected

8,935

is oil also?take off the air breather from the airbox, and look in the throttle, tell me if it is oil, gas, or can't tell...check all the lines, make sure a line from the fuel rail, didn't break...if it is internal in the air intake...also open the oil filler cap, smell exhaust,fuel, or oil...then the coolant reservoir, and smell coolant,fuel, exhaust...same with the exhaust when you start it from a cold and tell me what you smell...allows me to know which side of the gasket, if it is a gasket, it is coming from, what is the coolant level, and oil level, all these things will help me.

34,965

Tbi fuel injection or mpfi?