alternator replaced still having issues

10

Asked by Sep 11, 2012 at 03:51 AM

1,145

you probably need a voltage regulator. The alternator probably wasn't the problem.. Ask for a refund

Best Answer
10

where is the voltage regulator

1,145

By the alternator

30,955

NO rubie its inside the alternator. You got a new one when you bought a new alternator. Why did you replace the alternator to begin with? The better detail the better answer I can give.

210,005

Sometime the rebuilt alternators you buy at the auto parts stores are defective right out of the box. Take it off and have them bench test it.

30,955

Autozone and advanced are known for selling junk rebuilt items

1,145

I know dipstick. If he replaced the alternator, he already got ripped off. Because we both know that a crooked mechanic will replace the battery, it won't solve the problem. Them they will say it was the alternator, that won't solve it. then they will say it's the voltage regulator which is what they should have replaced in the first place. Let him take it back and get a refund from the crook that sold him an alternator when he just needed the voltage regulator in the alternator. Did the crook put a broken voltage regulator in the new or rebuilt alternator that he sold him? huh duh

9,395

No offence meant here Rubie.. But your answer should not have been marked as the best answer as it was wrong. Additionally, GM alternators have the regulator in the alternator. Unless you know how to rebuild one, just buying the regulator will not do any good.

1,145

that's why he should take it back to the guy who sold it to him, who knew what he did when he did it. But actually, it's not that hard to do. Basically everyone seems to agree to have someone else look at the problem.

1,145

Actually all the voltage regulators were always in the alternator but they weren't sealed in on the older models and were easy to take out & replace including GM's