Crankshaft sensor? Wiring harness?

Asked by Jul 12, 2012 at 06:46 PM

was told my crankshaft sensor was being replaced on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix, after 2 days of not hearing from technician I called to see if my car was done and he stated there is a short in wiring harness and the entire harness has to be taken apart??? What relates these 2 things and is this something he should have called and verified with me before doing? Is it minor?

12,035

The crank sensor wires feed into the wire harness that feeds to the ECM. You can ask him if he can just change the crank sensor wires. Without being there it's hard to say if the whole wire harness has to be changed. If he does it would be pretty time consuming.

it sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing. it takes 10 minutes to change a crank sensor , if there was a problem after that he should have called you. not wait 2 days for you to call .

12,035

I agree, sounds like he's trying to cover his tail.