I have a 1978 Trans Am 400in with quadjet carb. - HOW do I get the throttle response going (its locked up)???

Asked by Jun 01, 2012 at 05:06 PM

1978 Trans Am 400in with quadjet carb.  and the throttle linakge seems to be fine except the part near the carbuerator. It is locked up and doesn't seem to be able to pump any gas into the carb. to get it started. How do I fix this?

264,095

Did you try some penetrating fluid or WD40 to free it? You might be taking the carb off and rebuilding it.

Yes I did try just that. Didn't free it up.

15

in the picture the choke is wide open that might not cause it to start try closin it and maybe pour a little gas in it i doubt its stuck proboly just bein a bitch

check the trottle cable ,diconnect it from the carb and see if the linkage moves then.