can anyone tell me where i can buy the upper and lower bearings for my 1976 trans am tilt steering colum

Asked by Nov 10, 2011 at 05:30 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

3 Answers


Probably not carried in any parts stores or even the classic car web stores like Year One or Modern Muscle Cars. Your best bet may be to get a whole column from a junk yard dealer and either swap the parts you want or swap the whole column. 76 was a popular year so you might even score at a car show swap meet if there are any in your area. Good luck.

Thanks for replying to my question. If it comes down to replacing the whole colum. I will probably end up doing like you suggested.I may have found a source for the bearings and if there the right ones. I'll make damn sure to post on here all the info. thanks again I do appreciate your reply!!


Year One 1-800-950-9503 if not able to get them there email me at I will look up the GM part number and maybe you can get them from the General

Your Answer:


Looking for a Used Pontiac in your area?

CarGurus has 9,684 nationwide Pontiac listings starting at $750.


Pontiac Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Tom Demyan
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.