fuel pump problem

Asked by Sep 29, 2011 at 04:56 PM

my car ran fine and than it started to blow the fuse to let the fuel pump work .Does that mean I have to replace the fuel pump or could it be something else?
Please help !

50

It could be the pump shorted-out, but I'd guess that it's more likely a wire to the pump that has been compromised. Check the voltage AT the pump (I know it's difficult to get to...) &/or try moving fuel-pump wires around in a specific area, then try a fuse, move them in a different area, then try a fuse, etc. The only other way would be to hook a good test-meter to a ground and unplug the fuel-pump harness near the fuseblock, then probe each wire, checking ohms of resistance, hoping to find one that shows continuity to ground... Good luck!

Thank you for the help.