turbo?

95

Asked by Jun 23, 2011 at 02:28 AM

so i have a 1976 trans am 400 what i was wondering is if somebody can tell me what turbo or what size turbo to get for it because i have enough torque in this car for take off so iam looking for top end performance can anybody recommend me a good turbo for this car or possibly give me information on their forced induction wither it be roots super charger centripical super charger or a turbo?

345

I love a pontiac 400. owned a 76 and 77 t-a. my personal opinon I prefer super chargers. pacston or wipple.it's belt drive and smoother performance increase. where as a turbo uses exahust pressure and tends to be erractic and anoying to me.

95

well i dont really want to do a belt drive because i dont want to hurt the hood by wrecking it and putting one on there plus the big difference for me in performance is a turbo has lag by my Pontiac has almost 450 ft lbs of torque so i dont need anymore power at take off i kind of want the lag so i can make more top end power the only problem is i cant find a single company that will make a turbo kit for a 76 trans am 400

95

Ok so maybe you were right i decided to go with a 871 blower on it instead of a turbo what do you think about a blower that size