t56 wont shift when running with clutch in

Asked by Oct 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM

hello there i need help with my ta, was fine driving one day shifted smoothly like it was just off the lot, i noticed a rattling noise when i engaged the clutch, then all of a sudden it wouldnt go into gears(just grinded), i turned the car off put the clutch in and i can shift all gears, turned it on again and wont shift, i can start the car in gear and shift without the clutch, i am wondering if anyone has any ideas to what it could be. it seems like the clutch isnt working when the car is running, any suggestions would be appreciated, i checked the tranny fluid and it was up to where its supposed to be.

11,845

If your clutch pedal feels normal and does not have a tendency to try and stay towards the floor, then you are unfortunately going to need a clutch. The noise you here are the clutch disc springs starting to come apart.

125

throw out bearing is the rattle noise, they have a problem with the synchros in the trans, also bent clutch for can be a problem but dought it, def needs to come apart for new clutch and bearing. recomend clutch plate also, do resurface the flywheel.