1985 Pontiac Trans Am

Asked by Jul 07, 2010 at 04:37 PM

My 1985 Pontiac Trans Am is shifting hard and when i stop at stop signs and start
back up it sometimes shuts of on me.

25

check ur vaccum lines that o to ur tranny from ur intake if not that the ur torque converter might be going or hell even the transmission

35

to check the gears, simply take the oil pan off, and strain the oil out and check for some fine metal shavings, this is a sign of the gears little teeth breaking, and should be replaced.

Sounds like the torque convertor is not releasing. There is a solonoid in the trans pan that engages and releases. Good time to change the fluid anyway!